Tuesday, September 18, 2012

semi homemade.

Last night I dedicated the evening to cooking with my girls.  I find it more than a little ironic that I strive to be a stay-at-home mother, but I'm so busy I'm missing out on the teachable moments.  So, we made dinner together and we loved every minute of it!!  The Lasagna rolls were delightful.... I even ate the garlic bread!!!  THEN...we made semi-homemade donuts.  My kitchen was turned inside out, but it was such a fun evening, it was well worth the clean up.  The only downfall, I'd have to say, between the lasagna, the bread and the donuts (that I just may have smeared a nice thick layer of chocolate frosting on...) I was so sick to my stomach, but I'll own it... it was a fantastical barf worthy night!!!

http://www.makeandtakes.com/semi-homemade-donuts

we didn't use the sugar glaze, but I'll file it away for future nights of indulgence such as these!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/powdered-sugar-glaze-10000001023815/

...and to top it all off, the scale didn't even budge this morning!

BEST diet EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment