And so it goes. The lazy days of summer come to a close...and we are counting the hours. Today will be spent going through clothes, tossing those that have gotten too small or are stained and replacing them with freshly washed, brand new school clothes. Fresh white socks, never worn sneakers, back packs that still crinkle with newness...lunch boxes that are not yet stained and stinky. Anticipation is buzzing...how will everyone have changed over the summer? Kids will have grown, gotten even more goofy, or rotten...or cute??? Teachers are putting their final preps on their classrooms while the students are home sleeping-in for these last few mornings. And the Mothers, are counting down the hours...
That sweet first day of school...the hours of having a silent house in which nothing moves. Do I hit the ground running or do I crawl back in bed??? As tempting as it sounds, I look forward to falling into routine. I look forward to having time to get my agenda done so that I can focus on the girls when the school day is over. I didn't get nearly the amount of organization done that I thought I would over the summer...however, flip the coin, and I played alot more than I had planned. We had a lovely relaxed and playful summer, I couldn't ask for more.
I have created a very detailed plan for myself...to keep the mommy, wife, Thrive consultant and PTA President in full swing...AND kicking off a refreshed focus on my diet and fitness goals. I have maintained my 20lbs of weight loss over the summer, which was reaching a goal in itself! Now it's time to get down to business, in every sense of the word.
Five days and counting...
No comments:
Post a Comment