This is the third st. pattys day without our three Irish beverages of the past...green beer, guiness & boddington. Sober living has most definitely changed the face of our Irish celebration, but I have embraced the holiday as a fun family festivity...rather than a wicked long hangover. Tonight I made my first corned beef & cabbage dinner. The girls were brave, but not fans of the fatty meal. The husband was kind as it wasn't quite done to perfection. And, the dessert...a trifle of layered green cake, green vanilla pudding and whipped cream was a grand success.
To say I've been a lucky gal is a supreme understatement. I owe a lot to the luck that has given me such a wonderful life that I live. I might stress & worry my fair share, but only because I treasure this crazy little world that we have created. We don't have all of the things that we'd like to have, but we have all that we need & more.
No comments:
Post a Comment