I have a serious love affair (addiction) with my food. I absolutely love everything about nutrition and learning about food and how it nurtures our bodies and how our bodies accept and reject foods. I read about it, understand it and (for the most part) apply it...except. Except when it comes down to the forsaken. The sweets.
I have done so well to eliminate foods from my diet. I will not touch a donut. I made that decision years ago, when I decided I was going to lose the weight...donuts were a HUGE (pardon the pun) obstacle for me, so I decided we would have to part ways...as well as scones, cakes, pies, brownies...pastries in general, fudge, rocky road ice cream....and I lost some weight. Voila! Even better, I've maintained the weight loss. I'm not where I would like to be. But I know, at this point, I need to kick it into high gear. Which, I have been slowly gearing up to do. I have the plan, I have the tools, I've been running to increase my endurance. Doing all the right things....right? Well for love of everything unholy...I can NOT keep a dessert out of my mouth to save my everloving life. Yesterday, I bought cookie dough to make cookies for the bake sale, and I pretty much ate my weight in cookie dough! WHAT? One would think after a few bites I would stop myself....and I considered it, but I didn't stop. Oh no. I did not stop. Not only did I NOT stop...but after my workout, I had McDs! Only because our schedule has been so crazy and going from the gym straight to the school for our fabulous flamin' raymin show...but whatever-- no excuses here, so McDs it is. I did not get the grilled chicken snack wrap, hold the sauce...I got the burger WITH the EFFING fries (WTF is wrong with me???) One might say, "Sara...get a hold of yourself!"...but I did not stop there. OH NO. Staring at a table full of brownies & cookies (that I had already had my fair share of, ahem.) cupcakes...and wouldn't you know it...I spy fruity pebbles marshmallow treats. I have ALWAYS wanted to try those...and I so did. I murderized that beast. Even when my body was done and wanted no more...it was my brain saying (in a very threatening tone, might I add...) "you have already done it, you have already eaten most of this delicious tasty children's treat...you are going to FINISH. every. last. bite."
Again today...have I refrained from the rice krispie treats? or the brownies? or the brownies with frosting laced with corn flakes (interesting little twist) Nope. Those miles I ran last week, were cheapened by my complete lack of commitment in these two days filled with edible sin. I am weak. I am so very weak. I need to break this cycle. I need to stop the madness!!!
WHAT must I do!?! I need a detox. I need a plan. I need a straight-jacket. I need a padded room.
No comments:
Post a Comment