Wednesday, July 18, 2012

a walk along the coast of good intentions...

Stone Cairns - Sacred Expressions article  by Cynthia Morin for Spirit of Eureka magazine

Tonight we grabbed a quick dinner with the girls and went down to the Gardiner waterfront.  Afterward, Jeremy wanted to walk a little trail to explore with the girls.  As we walked we began to notice these rock stacks that are quite impressive if you really stop and contemplate the art.  We stepped off the beaten path and unexpectedly ended up walking on a beach where we found even more breath-taking formations.  Some practice rock balancing as an artform while others balance rocks with great intention and as a meditation.  Tonight as I walked along appreciating the beauty of these unlikely works of art, it made me miss the time that I experimented with meditation and how it did quiet my being and bring me to a more introspective corner of my soul.  I find prayer does bring me that quiet, but not in the same way as attempting to clear my mind completely.  Although, trying to quiet all of the personalities did cause quite a schitzophrenic panic...but the girls learned to cooperate after a while.  Maybe I should go gather up some rocks and give these ladies a project!

Just another thing to add to my to do list...
# 926453728: think nothing. balance rocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment