Every girl, at one time or another needs to give themselves permission to just eat a whole batch of brownies. I love brownies. Come Sunday, I start craving a batch of brownies. I keep searching for a magical recipe that will give me permission to eat the whole batch without guilt. And so, I have run a little experiment...and I have enjoyed every single lick of it!
Experiment #1 - brownie mix + one can of diet coke; this was an interesting combination. The mixture turned out very runny. The brownies turned out a little soft and gooey, I'm thinking Jeremy may have taken them out a little too early. They were tasty, very sweet and definitely satisfying. I think maybe I should make them again...just to see if the texture would be a little different cooked a little bit longer.
Experiment #2 - brownie mix + one can of black beans. I rinsed the beans and filled up the can with water, covering the beans. Liquefied the beans in the blender and mixed with the brownie mix. The mixture was much thicker and turned out very cakey (almost dry) The taste was good, there was a very distinct earthy aftertaste. I found them somewhat satisfying but left me wanting more...
Experiment #3 - brownie mix + one can of white beans. Again I rinsed and liquefied the beans and mixed them with the brownie mix. My thought was if the black beans were a little too earthy, maybe the white beans would have a lighter edge. Two thumbs down. This was the worst of all the experiments!!! The brownies were pretty much awful. There was no flavor, no cake-like texture, no gooey...no nuthin. FAIL.
...so I guess, it is my job to create a carb free, zero calorie brownie. no prob.
No comments:
Post a Comment