I didn't write at all this weekend. Fail.
I do, however, feel like I have focus after my carb fast. Friday night was hard...I was running low on energy and my body was craving a sweet treat like nobody's business...but I made it through the night and did my morning protein routine Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon I broke my fast with watermelon and a salad topped with grilled chicken. Not a special meal, but it was aMAZing after two days of protein.
Sunday I relaxed on the food focus and this morning I was up-n-at'em for a workout. I've taken a few weeks off so I took it easy as far as the workout itself goes...it won't take much to boost my metabolism at this point, but I do want this to be a part of my daily routine indefinitely which means I need to be consistent. They say it takes 30 days to establish a habit. This is precisely why I'm starting at the beginning of the summer vacation. I'd like to get my routine established so I'm not shell shocked at the beginning of the school year.
I tried adding 1/2 a scoop of vanilla protein and a teaspoon of chia seeds to my morning galette. It was dry and flat, not so good.
I really like trying to keep tabs on what I'm eating using the point system. It takes a little more time and effort...but it also keeps me accountable.
Time to work on the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment