Monday, June 18, 2012

ready. set. GO!

The countdown to the end of the summer has already begun.  My #1 goal...get myself organized.  Is it possible to accomplish that in one summer and maintain it for a lifetime?  I'd like to think so.  There was a time in my life when I considered myself an organized person...within reason.  Add a husband and two girls to the equation and forgettaboudit.  Becoming a mother was such a blessing as it gave meaning and purpose to my  ever-so-wind-driven life...However, I had no idea just how much I would be altered.  Beyond the obvious physical, emotional and mental adjustments one makes as a mommy, there are countless unforeseen adaptations that takes place, that we don't even notice until one day you think to yourself..."when did I get so use to seeing fingerprints that I don't even bother cleaning them off of windows, mirrors, cabinets, kitchen chairs...televisions anymore???  Million dollar idea...start a company that will go in and rid a home of tiny little fingerprints that come in countless flavors, just to name a few...pizza sauce, ice cream, chocolate, marshmallow, peanut butter & or jelly, juice of any flavor, butter, frosting, ketchup, mustard...candy of any sort and toothpaste...without fail.  I can assure anyone, this could be a weekly service as fingerprints miraculously show up within minutes of cleaning a surface of any type.  Who knew that when I became a mother mini-fingerprints would even be a thought on my radar???  And laundry?  I have raised the white flag of the laundry debacle.  I have a suspicion that articles of clothing literally mate and reproduce.  I just can't seem to find a logical explanation HOW four people (two adults and two mini divas) can possibly create a gazillion loads of laundry...weekly.  Because of this laundry anomaly I have adjusted my thinking in two ways: #1-buy more clothing.  I can and will guarantee that there will be clean clothing in any given drawer at any given time.  Whether or not clothing will match or be a 'favorite' is another story, in which case I refer you to thought #2- clean clothes are clean clothes whether or not they come from a basket of unfolded laundry or neatly folded piles...you are welcome to dive in.  Don't judge me.
My goal, before the summer is over, is to create a sort of magical plan that will help me morph into this super-charged mommy that can wake up in the wee hours of the morning, read my scriptures so that I am feeding my spirituality and living in tune with the spirit that I might guide my girls through the storms and valleys of life.  Get my workout done so I can achieve AND maintain a  smokin' hot figure...I'm a mommy not a nun after all (okay fine...and so I can be a living example of good health in all it's glory)  Send the girls off cheerfully with well balanced organic lunches, have a spotless house with all things placed neatly where they belong, laundry clean-folded AND put away.  Volunteer in the girls classrooms, so they know how much I value their education, as well as balance the responsibility of being the PTA president (with a smile). Have a weekly meal plan so that I can prepare home-cooked meals that incorporate favorites as well as new dishes to encourage a well rounded palette.  Plant a garden so my family is eating only the most nutritious of organic foods grown right in our back yard! Keep us organized despite the countless appointments, meetings, committees, playdates, dance practices & church functions.  Find "me" time, time to nourish those ever-so-important female friendships that us women need to maintain our sanity... AND still have energy to keep it saucy in the bedroom.  It does exist doesn't it?  What cap & cape do I have to don to tap into these superhero expectations???
And so, I start here with this blog as my attempt at one of my goals.  To journal.  Journaling is such a romantic word to call the writing down of one's thoughts.  Diary sounds naughty...like it is the keeper of secrets...that needs a lock.  Journaling sounds studious.   Like one who journals has something of worth that should be read for inspiration.  Blogging feels appropriate for me.  I don't know that I have anything of worth or even of interest for anyone to read, furthermore, I don't know that my thoughts should be available for anyone to read...  More often than not, expressing what I am really thinking results in offending at least one person.  Not the most desirable trait for the PTA president to possess...stay tuned to see how that works out.  And this is why I pray daily for a little bit of grace that I might maneuver with ease rather than my typical clumsy footwork through this crazy little thing called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment