Tuesday, June 26, 2012
workin' it out.
It's day two of my morning workouts and I feel fantastic! Granted, it's only day two and it's torture pulling myself out of bed knowing it's summer and the kids don't need to be woken up and I could most likely sleep later....I also know that I'm utilizing free time, and so just this once...logic trumps indulgence. My focus has been on high reps on the Total Gym. I absolutely love-love-love the Total Gym and the theory of weight resistance. I love it that it's at home, no excuses allowed, and that I can fold it up and stuff it in a corner! I do however feel that I am not kicking it into high gear as far as fitting in some cardio and I know, at this point...that's going to be the key to reaching my goal. I only did this workout once through as well as a short routine on the Total Gym. I don't want to burn myself out in the first week, so I'm relying on the 'slow and steady wins the race' theory.
I found quite a few of these compact full body workouts. I think to avoid the plateau of muscle memory, I'll do a different workout every week. And as much as I hate running I think it's time to invest in a treadmill. Jeremy and I have been wavering on what cardio machine we should buy and I keep coming back to a fold up treadmill. With our long winters and questionable weather patterns, it would be nice to have access to a good workout all year round. Stationary bikes & ellipticals just don't offer the same satisfaction as a...(I hate to say it...) good ol'fashion run.
But for now, I am satisfied.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment